Originating more than 2,500 years ago in China, acupuncture is a complete medical protocol used to correct imbalances in the body. It has been used to treat a myriad of conditions, such as pain, obesity, digestive issues, and neurological issues, just to name a few. Acupuncture is the practice of inserting very fine needles into the face and body to alleviate symptoms and treat a number of conditions. What are the benefits of acupuncture?
1. Immune System: Well-placed needles can boost the activity of immune cells that destroy infections.
2. Heart: Regular sessions can decrease the markers of stress and lower blood pressure.
3. Weight: Acupuncture has helped obese adults shed up to 9 pounds between 2 weeks and 4 months of sessions.
4. Sleep: Revs up the production of neurotransmitters associated with relaxation and sleep, allowing insomnia patients to sleep better.
5. Headaches: Regular acupuncture therapy is effective at treating tension headaches and migraines.
6. Depression: Focusing on the hands and feet, acupuncture releases Qi in the body, working to decrease depression symptoms.
7. Chronic Pain: Acupuncture can help alleviate chronic back pain and muscle and joint pain.
If you suffer from one or more of these conditions, acupuncture may be the best treatment option for you. To learn more, or to schedule an appointment, contact my office today.
To your health,
Dr. Roger Sahoury